Incredibly pleased with the srvice offered by Mark. He did the job quickly, easily and to an excellent standard. I would definitely reccomend.
Laying The Grass Turf
Once the ground has been levelled and correctly prepared, the new lawn can be laid. You should never walk on newly laid garden turf, which is why we use wooden planks and boards when working on site, avoiding any damage to the ground surface or the garden turf itself.
Firstly, strips of turf are laid around the perimeter of the lawn. The next strips are then added across the longest straight section before continuing across the lawn in a brickwork pattern.
Every individual strip of garden turf is laid with care and precision, making sure the turf is flat against the soil below to achieve the necessary bond. Any overlapping edges or excess turf are neatly cut away and removed from site, leaving a perfect finish across your beautiful new lawn.
Turf Laying Process
- Garden cleared of any unwanted debris.
- Soil levelled off and compacted to assess height of proposed lawn.
- Any additional topsoil needed is added to heighten the turf to the desired level.
- Soil is compacted again to prevent the turf from sinking once laid.
- Turf is unloaded and carefully laid.
- Any excess cut and cleared away.