Incredibly pleased with the srvice offered by Mark. He did the job quickly, easily and to an excellent standard. I would definitely reccomend.
How to mow your lawn – Tip 2 – Mow a dry lawn
The best time of day to cut your grass is in the early evening. Mowing your lawn at the peak of day, when temperatures are highest, stresses both the lawn and the mower.
If you wait until the early evening, the lawn is usually dry (unless it has rained during the day), the sun is not as strong, and the grass will have plenty time to recover before the next afternoon’s heat arrives.
Even if it hasn’t rained, lawns are usually wet in the morning because of moisture from dew or fog.
If it does rain, wait for your lawn to dry before mowing, as cutting wet grass can result in an uneven trim.
Wet clippings can also clog your mower and cause it to dump clumps of grass on your lawn; if they aren’t raked up, they can smother the growing grass and result in brown spots.
Safety tips for mowing your lawn
- When using a push lawnmower, always push in a forward direction.
- Be sure to wear closed-toe shoes, not sandals or flip-flops.
- Keep an eye out for pets and children, especially if you have a loud lawn mower.
- Wear sunglasses or some other eye-covering to protect your eyes from any debris that might shoot up while you are mowing the grass.
- When mowing on a slope, move side to side instead of up and down the slope to reduce the risk of injury from slipping.
If you need an help or advice regarding your lawn or garden, please feel free to get in touch