Highly recommend Mark's turf uses high quality turf to give a professional looking lawn... fantastic job mark many thanks
How to mow your lawn – Tip 3 – Vary Your Mowing Patterns
Each time you mow your grass, mow it in a different direction to the last time. Let's face it, we all get into the habit of mowing our lawns the same way everytime.
When you always cut your lawn using the same mowing pattern, your grass learns which direction it’s being cut from and begins to lean in the direction you mow.
By varying the mowing pattern, and thus the direction you cut the grass in, you help avoid forming ruts in the lawn.
The benefit is that the grass will stand up nice and tall since it will be mowed from all different directions and will look lovely from whichever angle it is viewed from.
Safety tips for mowing your lawn
- When using a push lawnmower, always push in a forward direction.
- Be sure to wear closed-toe shoes, not sandals or flip-flops.
- Keep an eye out for pets and children, especially if you have a loud lawn mower.
- Wear sunglasses or some other eye-covering to protect your eyes from any debris that might shoot up while you are mowing the grass.
- When mowing on a slope, move side to side instead of up and down the slope to reduce the risk of injury from slipping.
If you need an help or advice regarding your lawn or garden, please feel free to get in touch